NBI Clearance is one of the supporting documents that we need to support our applications for work, getting passport, visa and some important legal matters. In getting NBI Clearance, you need to have 1 valid I.D. (
Passport, School ID, TIN Number, Seaman’s Book, Senior Citizen ID, Voters ID, Work ID, Postal ID or any identification cards that was issued to you by the government), black ball pen ( use to fill up the form) and envelope ( optional: to keep the clearance after receiving it). Also, you need to wake up as early as 3am to queue because they usually issue 500-700 forms per day and it is first come first serve basis, if they ran out of forms you need to queue again the next day. By the way, NBI Office is located in front of Victoria Plaza Mall Door 3 in JP Laurel Avenue, Davao City.
a. FORMS- Present an ID to the NBI staff that distributes the forms. Your priority number can be found in the top most part of the form written in red by the NBI staff. Fill up the form and go back to the table where the forms were issued for you to get interviewed and for your form to be checked.
b. PAYMENT- Sit and wait until the cashier opens. Prepare P115.00 for the NBI clearance Certificate Fee. The cashier will call your number for you to give your form and payment then go back to the chair where you have seated.
In the Cashier with a person in blue paying for the fee of his NBI Clearance Certificate.
c. BIOMETRICS- Windows 1-5 are the counters where biometrics happen. They will type the information you wrote in the form to the computer and they will call you to check it in Windows 1-3. They will get your fingerprints and picture in Windows 4-5.
Biometric Section. Windows 1-3 is to clarify your information and 4-5 is the fingerprints and photo.
d. RELEASING SECTION- You need to be attentive on this because they will give the certificates to the OJT students and let them distribute usually at the back of the crowd. If you see that they hand over some certificates to the OJT students after 3-5 minutes you done your biometrics then surely your certificate is already in the OJT students ready to be collected by you.
- Make sure you are handling the exact amount of P115.00 to avoid any delays.
- Do not leave your things unattended (
phone, wallet, bag or even documents).
- On windows 1-3, they will show you the computer screen where you see the information you wrote in the form. Be sure to check the spellings, numbers, dates before saying yes to the encoder because if it comes out wrong, you will start back to one and pay the fee again.
- After receiving the certificate, always check the details, photo and if you got the right certificate.
- There is NO MORE RENEWAL of NBI Clearance (new policy).
- NBI Clearance Certificate is valid for 1 YEAR after it is issued.
Lots of luck on getting the NBI Clearance Certificate. Hope you survive and get your certificate in the end.